I found a blog post that outlines the philosophy and values of ꜩ, here’s a link: https://medium.com/tezos/tezos-philosophy-and-values-9297f308ae21
I do wish Tezos would utilize something like IPFS, for a more distributed medium, pun intended.
- Humanity’s history is deleted daily
- HTTP is inefficient and expensive
- The web’s centralization limits opportunity
- Our apps are addicted to the backbone
This is what Filecoin is talking about doing, and they even mentioned Tezos in their white paper:
7.2 Integration with other systems
Bridges are tools that aim at connecting different blockchains; while still work in progress, we plan to support cross chain interaction in order to bring the Filecoin storage in other blockchain-based platforms as well as bringing functionalities from other platforms into Filecoin.
- Filecoin in other platforms: Other blockchain systems such as Bitcoin , Zcash  and in particular Ethereum  and Tezos, allow developers to write smart contracts; however, these platforms provide very little storage capability and at a very high cost. We plan to provide a bridge to bring storage and retrieval support to these platforms. We note that IPFS is already in use by several smart contracts (and protocol tokens) as a way to reference and distribute content. Adding support to Filecoin would allow these systems to guarantee storage of IPFS content in exchange of Filecoin tokens.
- Other platforms in Filecoin: We plan to provide bridges to connect other blockchain services with Filecoin. For example, integration with Zcash would allow support for sending requests for storing data in privacy.
I hope Tezos becomes so skilled at stakeholder-governance we set examples that others want to follow.