Tezos.blue - a light wallet

I have just released an early alpha of the wallet I have been working on.
Android version.

It’s dirty, but fairly stable.
There is currently an issue with origination in the alphanet that renders accounts invalid (“fill a new account”)

You find it in the Google store by searching for

tezos.blue

Enjoy!

Thanks! Looking forward to trying it out.

No Tezos.blue in the Google Play Store. Lots of Texas Holdem though :confused:

Oh yes. It’s there.
But 20 min after my announcement the alphanet went down and has not come back yet.
So, unfortunately, nothing can be done with the wallet, currently…

Patience is a virtue and luck is a bitch.

the alphanet is up again. cheers to the devs!

Thanks for the link. I’ve got it installed now :grin:

Quick update on tezos.blue: No new features, same shitty look, but the Windows build has passed certification and is available in the App Store. I launched a small website with the links.

Congrats and thanks!

I am pleased to announce version 0.2 of the tezos.blue system and its wallet.

With this version, Apple iOS is supported, making the targeted platforms complete.
The iOS app is currently in Apple’s TestFlight beta program.
Send an empty mail with subject “TestFlight” to hello@tezos.blue and you will be invited.

The goal of 0.2 was to lay a solid foundation for the real-time notifications and
transaction history.

0.3 will be exclusively about the security of your identity.

To advance this intent, I have made the client engine open source.

Developers can use this engine on all platforms to write .NET client and line-of-business applications.
During the development of 0.3, code reviews and input are very welcome.

Enjoy, and please give feedback!

Published the basic security concept of tezos.blue client applications for public review.
Please help find competent people to give their opinion on this:

Released version 0.2.2 of the wallet to Android, iOS and Windows.

New features: Multiple identities, with PIN or passphrase protection.
Also, for the node shepherds, import of raw keys.
From now on: secured identities only.

Released version 0.2.3 of the wallet to Android, iOS and Windows:

• Fundraiser key import
  • Brain wallets

Please be aware that the alphanet has no fundraiser balances yet.

Released version 0.2.4 of the wallet to Android, iOS and Windows.

• Backup and restore of identities
  • Import of zeronet faucet wallets

To get started with some tezzies, check out this tutorial:

Is this faucet only for the alphanet?
Can I use the tezos I gain from the faucet in order to vote for protocol changes in zeronet?

I just use the word alphanet, because that’s where tezos.blue will be running on when zeronet gets promoted to alphanet very soon. Currently, we are in fact running on zeronet.
The tezzies you receive via faucet are valid for everything within that network. Voting, too.

Since you have made quite a bit of progress with the Tezos.blue wallet, I would like to pick your brain on some future potential developments related to Tezos.

I am trying to figure out some applications for Tezos that could appeal to a broad audience and the most obvious would be designing a payment mechanism that would allow some kind of XTZ transfer. The key, I think, is to use tools that are familiar to people that are not proficient with computers or technology in general.

One possibility would be to use some chip card and a card reader. Here is the first question for you, do you think it would be possible to store Tezos wallet data on the card and use a card reader to allow transactions? The card reader should be attached to a computer and the computer should be on internet, right? Would be easier or better to have the computer also running a node or it won’t make much of a difference, for example in terms of speed of the transaction?
The next level would be to use the chip card to store all sort of data, but let’s leave this discussion for another time.

Another easy tool could be a QR code for Tezos transactions. The “fun” part is the code scanner that should be attached to a computer, and… similar questions as above would apply here as well. The code scanner could be also a smartphone (nothing new here) but how hard would be to transfer securely the scanned data from the smartphone to the tezos network?

On a different note, is there any Tezos meeting or social event coming up in Germany and/or have you
any plan to organize one?

Thanks, I think I understand where you are coming from.
The driving vision behind tezos.blue is: Crypto everywhere, everyday, by everyone on every device.
This is not a prediction, we are rather designing for this scenario to give the unpredictable whims of fate a bed to unfold upon.
The word for it is “scalability” with its various meanings. Handling sheer user and transaction numbers, as well as being wide across all platforms are the plannable aspects, they translate into workloads.
The difficult part is to scale into the conciousness and routine of all people, regardless of their technical background.
Therefore, tezos.blue tries to resonate with the common denominator of our mental patterns around value transfers, consciously masking and simplifying until it’s like banking, just much better.
On this common ground then, crypto-specific patterns can be planted and carefully grown. Towards more conceptual complexity, like multi-sig or smart contracts, but also towards physical items and tools, finally to be used in the most casual manner.
Currently, and on the senders side, the only useful hardware addition to a tezos.blue wallet seems to be a hardware wallet, adding more security to an already very-hard-to-break system.
Apart from this aspect, we already have very sophisticated capabilities for near field communication on the mobiles, and we can always fall back to QR codes.
But I see a lot of device development opportunities for the payment requesting side of the flow, making it easy to invoice and confirm in close combat, as you envision in your post.
And to facilitate this is a design goal of tezos.blue. If you build a device or application on the tezos.blue client engine, you can instantly forget about running a node.
You then have a very light and close-to-real-time connection to the Tezos network via a semantically elegant API. You can concentrate on developing your business value.
Our next release will be mainly stabilizing, but to spice it up, I will make a screencast on “How to create a cross-platform mobile Tezos app in less than 10 minutes”.
Maybe this is something for you?

Sounds good, thanks for the reply.
Ok if I understand correctly you are saying that there is or there will-be an API for example to build an interface between the Tezos.blue wallet and a QR scanner. And everthing has to go through your Tezos.blue client engine, which I assume is a tezos node.

A chip card is probably a different game because the wallet or the content of the wallet has to be put in the chip.

I am not planning to go much further with this at least not now and not alone, but I am really looking forward to your next video on building a Tezos app.
Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

There hasn’t been much time nor capacity to communicate the tezos.blue system, I apologize. So to be exact:

The tezos.blue wallet is the flagship example for an app built on the tezos.blue system.
The client engine is the part of the system that runs on your device at the core of all tezos.blue apps.
It communicates with the backend service layer which in turn depends on a load-balanced pool of managed nodes.

There will be QR in the wallet, it’s in the backlog, but not before a stabilized 0.3 release.
But you could easily build a scan&pay app on top of the client engine today.
To you as a developer it would be like having a node in your process space, but with a more business case oriented API and without the load on your devices resources.

A chipcard, on the other hand, is just external storage without signing capabilities, (otherwise it would be a hardware wallet like I mentioned above). Therefore a solution based on open keys on a chipcard would compromise the security of the solution. You can use external storage today with tezos.blue as a backup mechanism for encrypted keys.
But, as a security safeguard, no tezos.blue client ever has access to unencrypted keys. And neither have our backend services.

Could you please give the minimum specifications for Tezos.blue.
I tried to install it in a android tablet and I failed.