As the l(a)unch is getting closer I want to prepare myself
Simple question: Under which conditions do I make the most additional tezzies?
- delegating my stake
- does it make a difference (percent wise) if I bake with 1 role, 2 roles, 5 roles, 10 roles?
- am I more likely to get selected to bake a new block with more roles?
- are there incentives in place for solo-baking aside from helping securing the network to make it more decentralized? (which is the point of a distributed ledger)
- how big is the risk of beeing “deactivated” after a short downtime?
- what are the security implications? do I need a firewall etc.? (additonal cost)
If delegating my stake:
- do I get a fixed percentage from the baking reward and/or endorsment? (eg. 5% annually)
When delegating I can imagine that you get a more or less fixed and consistent amount per month, but when solo-baking probably not that consistens (some times a lot more and some times a lot less). Or am I mistaken? I just don’t want this to be centralized in pools like PoW mining…
Thank you for the replies