Solar baking system needed

@Chainomatic everything has arrived in Oz.

To summarise:
A Raspberry Pi 3 B, a WiFi Adaptor, an mSATA drive in a USB case and a 32g class 10 micro SD card (ebay), cables and power and cable-ties.
I have downloaded Raspbian Jessie Lite to my laptop ready to install.
I think there is enough information here for DIYers to set it up.

I’ve been perusing theUDOO x86 site and I’m impressed.
So now we have a basic tzOven and for another $150, or so, we can have a sturdy and powerful commercial tzOven. Unfortunately udoo sounds like something you would wipe off the kitchen bench with bleach, but I don’t mind the odd mess.
And, of course, if the software is elegant enough to run on a Pi it will purr on more capable Linux/Unix computers. Maybe the gnomes in Zug can tunnel through to the Large Hadron Collider and run a tzOven on higgs bosons.

@Chainomatic Yes, thanks.

You guys might want to check out http://www.electricchain.org/

They are http://www.Solarcoin.org developers that do just what you guys might be looking for.

Solcrypto detailed how our data logger technology was progressing and how we were able to connect a Raspberry Pi device as a full node to the SolarCoin blockchain.

This is a natural for ꜩ formal verification.

Easy way to get in touch with them is through slack.

I’ve got one of these cases in the post for the UDOOx86 case for UDOO.

By the way, it is designed to work with a bread-board so the kitchen pixie is still spicing things up (sorry).

Nice link:

turn a $170 chromebook into a Tezbook Ultimate-guide-to-building-a-tezos-machine

Node on Raspberry Pi Model 3 B Motherboard

Hi @Chainomatic, the UDOOx86 should be here this week for testing.

In the meantime I have been on the UDOOx86 voltage forum and also been measuring the output of my solar regulator. The voltage gamut (14-11v) on my system is too much for the recommended voltage of 12v with a ± of 5%. To correct this I have ordered several different voltage step up-down DC-DC12V modules and I will test them as they arrive from the corners of the world.

Typical up-down module:

Also on the way is a 300 watt windmill and a solar-wind hybrid regulator to cope with the load from the extra bits, to balance the load and cover cloudy days.

I’m looking forward to sun-baking with @moonbaker

I sincerely hope that the Tezos Foundation grasps what you and others like you are doing.

A sea change is taking place.

Humanity is waking up.

Tezos can instantiate any coin.
I propose tezos to instatiate a dash-like budget, and all those good things to be financed by the budget.

Hi @Jonas, @Chainomatic and @moonbaker have been beavering away on the UDOO oven in our trans-continental garage for a couple of weeks. Here is where we are at.
First up, a big thanks to @Chainomatic for your patience with my very rusty linux commands.
I am writing this on the UDOO using an eight inch 12v monitor with 12volts going into the UDOO. Solar powered of course.
The UDOO needs 12volts +/- 5%. Pretty critical.

We have gone through some typical issues with new systems: dead ends, modems, software downloads and an incompetent user. Very useful, frustrating, but very useful.
The UDOO is a beast. For a couple of hundred dollars you can buy a rocket. Enough said.

We are on it and have the luxury of time to get it flowing for fellow bakers

Here is an operating Tezos oven specified for off-grid baking. I power it with a battery charged by a 200 watt solar panel and a 300 watt windmill. Thus I have enough storage to keep the oven powered during cloudy and windless days.
The up-down DC-DC module in the basement corrects for voltage fluctuations from the solar/wind hybrid controller.
I am writing this using the UDOO oven.

@moonbaker
After one year, does your tezos oven still works?
Could you post the weather statistics, and how these statistics affected your oven?

Hi Demo, everything works fine even after three weeks of rain. The beauty of solar panels and batteries is their Lego-like upgradability. Ten years of power for about $500.
Sadly I won’t be baking as 10,000 tzs is a little out of my range. The UDOO x86 is a lovely computer and they will have a screamer on the market soon UDOO Bolt: Twice as fast as the MacBook Pro 13", for VR, AR, and AI. AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000
I’m happy to see Tezos plodding along, we haven’t lifted the corner of the carpet yet.
Personally I would like to use the technology to remove the need for politicians in the democratic process. Slow food.
Cheers, Michael

Or at least not make that need mandatory. (liquid democracy style)