Running a Tezos node on the *alphanet* and the *zeronet* made super-simple (with RPI3)

@maxtez-raspbaker, thanks!
I used your advice and everything is working like a charm now!
A friend of my had a RPI3 B-modellen that we started off with, it booted instantly, from there we updated the fedora OS to aarch64. But after that it actually still didn’t boot on the RPI3 B+, due to power-source issue(the hardware was right) but after we updated the firmware it worked like a charm.
Don’t know whether that might be the finally push you needed for your guide to make it work properly on RPI3 B+ also, anyway just wanted to share :slight_smile:
Thank you so much for the quick reply.

@RunUpLandt this is fantastic news!

I just ordered a B+ since I don’t have one at the moment.
In the meantime I have a question. Did you make the first boot and then the upgrade including the firmware on a RPI3 B and then move the SD card on the B+, or you made the first boot and the upgrade directly on the B+?

@maxtez-raspbaker, i updated my firmware on the B-model, and when everything was ready i moved the SD card on to the B+ model. But i’ve actually decided to start over from scratch and are now following your https://github.com/maxtez-raspbaker/tezos-rpi3/wiki guide as some of the “consolidated” steps didn’t seem to function properly for me (as i’m not a tech guy :D, but i want to show that if i’m able to do this, everyone can do it).

@RunUpLandt
thanks for the update, well I am not a techie too, just trying to make it work…
I did the same as you with the B+, plugged in the sd card from a RPI3 B and it booted easily, but the ethernet port was broken and I had to return the B+ to the vendor, bad luck!
My understanding at the moment is that there is really no difference between B and B+ when it comes to make it running.

the installation on the RPI3 wiki page is more or less accurate(and constantly updated), just be aware that I am facing multiple problems getting tezos to run smoothly on the betanet with aarch64/armv8 OS, on the zeronet instead, it seems working fine, baking/endorsing are ok. I am going back to armv7 Fedora on one node right now (using the wiki instructions!) to see whether thinks are working a bit better. Never ending work in progress…
let me know how it goes with your setup…