Putting your tezzies to work

Thank you! That is great information and I will follow your advice. I am seeking that level of security. I value Tezos and will always seek the best.

I forgot to mention this one which I use all the time:
Full Disk Encryption + YubiKey

It costs $40 but really makes the process easer and is another item a con would need to gain access to the Raspberry Pi or any other computer you use it on like:

The most secure OS, Qubes-os, the only one I do online transactions with.

I’ve heard of the yubikey! All of these options are noted and will be implemented. What a pleasure to learn it doesn’t require expensive gear. I’m sure this is going to be a strong feature of our wallet…thanks again for your help.

Qubes OS seems nice, but I suppose hardware support has not been that great yet. Hopefully Qubes OS 4.0 will support more and more hardware and will make it available to the masses. I suppose Qubes OS 4.0 release date is close, as release candidate 1 is out already https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2017/07/31/qubes-40-rc1/

Hopefully it will run on Raspberry Pi some day. Qubes OS requires 4GB RAM and Raspberry Pi apparently only has 1GB.

A word to the service providers…please provide legitimate certificates on your sites. In the crypto space there is a lot of either cost-cutting measures or laziness about requiring authentic HTTPS access to the websites. Many coins are cutting corners and also new service providers are expecting users to simply “click through” the HTTPS warnings that are shown on the browsers. This is a terrible habit to encourage to the user community, especially if we care about security and protecting our wealth from bad actors. I think most on this site are acting in the general interest of the community, so let’s encrypt with trusted credentials. Here is a FREE resource:

https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

this is a great point. I am taking great pains on my site for network security. Here are a few of the security measures I have enforced for Tezzigator so far:

Authentic HTTPS cert on the frontend for all you web users
No security errors or click through - HTTPS/SSL provided by Cloudflare + Comodo.

HTTPS on the backend from cloudflare to my servers
Most people dont worry about this part, but I actually have SSL on my backend, and Cloudflare is authenticating it on the backend as well, to ensure that who they think they are communicating with on the back end really is the legitimate Tezzigator system.

Cloud Firewall
My backend is protected by a cloud firewall that only allows port 9732 to be open (Tezos peer-to-peer port) and only allows SSH access in from a select group of IP addresses. Before I go to production I will also firewall locally on the system as well.

Disabled SSH password logins
All SSH access is via RSA-keys, never password. You cannot even attempt to authenticate with username/password

Standard SQLinjection and Cross-site-scripting measures
filtering out evil characters in user input is critical here. I even filter out cookie eveil content. I even filter out evil characters from blockchain data.

Libsodium
This is the crypto library that provides the foundation for the Tezos blockchain. So Im using it as well - EVERYWHERE in my application. From generation of cookie data, to storing all my sensitive data in my database.

Encrypted LVM
It should go without saying that all my hard drives will be encryted and unusable to anyone but me, even if someone gains physical access

Trezor/Ledger Support
As part of my anonymous service, I will provide a very easy method for hardware wallet users (as well as users who do not have this equipment - dont worry, NO ONE is left out) to sign and broadcast delegate-out operations locally on their system, and transmitted securely to the Tezos blockchain.

Since I already have this in place, I have no doubt that I will be one of the first delegators to be certified/verified by the Tezos foundation.

Interesting, I saw this article about Tezos Decentralized Voting This is really related