Can't access funds

I have tezos in both my tz and KT accounts but I can’t access them through wallet.tezbox.com. I restored my account but didn’t fix. I get this message:
This account has not been added to the blockchain yet - please wait for a baker to include this in a block before you can use this account. This error may also show if your device can’t connect to the Tezos Network.

tz1bBeroYQ9kanLakYQB6BM9drxEKBKBgL9g
KT1TzCWuWMA4EKdiBSiqNsbuk3cGcfLGfbQP

Any assistance would be great, Thanks.

Shows I’m not connected. Tried another browser, still doesn’t work.

I have had exactly the same issue for the past 2 days. I have downloaded the latest TexBox wallet restored my XTZ used different computers and different browsers and get the same:
Nothing in my wallet and Error not connected https://mainnettezpc.me.
I can see my tezos on TZSTATS, just nothing in my wallet even after restoring it.

I would much appreciate any help.

Hi AliZeto,

TezoBox is no longer supported and has lots of bugs. You need to create a new wallet like Galleon. To access your funds restore access using the private key or seed phrase you created in TezoBox.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks, everything sorted now.

Cheers,

Ali

Alizeto, can you say how you fixed it? I have the same problem.

Hi olmanvalverde,

TezoBox is no longer supported and has lots of bugs. You need to create a new wallet like Galleon. To access your funds restore access using the private key or seed phrase you created in TezoBox.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for the update. It worked. I created a Galleon wallet and was able to restore my Tezos. All is good now!